[Zope-CMF] Re: found actions bug in CMF HEAD and CMF 1.4 I suppose

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 18:46:22 +0200

Hi Gregoire!

Note: Migrating existing TypeInformation objects should work correctly.
This is about adding new TypeInformations using oldstyle
factory_type_information data.

Gregoire Weber wrote:
> while playing around with ArchExample (from Archetypes) which
> uses old string based actions (not TALES actions) I found out
> that CMF HEAD of 2003/07/03 of about 1200+0200 does not
> convert the last action of a fti to a TALES expression.

How did you find out? Error? Traceback?

> Have a look at ActionProviderBase.py method addAction:
>
>    new_actions = self._cloneActions() # line 114
>
>    does the conversion of string actions to TALES actions
>    (the conversion is actually done in getActionExpression
>    in ActionInformation.py).
>
>    then the new action is created (but not converted !!!):
>
>       new_action = ActionInformation(...)

using 'a_expr', created in line 108:

     a_expr = action and Expression(text=str(action)) or ''

So we have an Expression, but without a leading "string:". That smells
like a bug. I'll write a test for this scenario and see what has to be done.

> P.S.: It seems that is the bug we searched at the Plone
> sprint in Padua: see thread "some CMF 1.4beta1 issues" in may

Don't think so. Judging from the traceback you sent me, your action was
no Expression at all.

Cheers,

Yuppie