[Zope-CMF] Workflow variables updating too many times

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:07:14 +0200

Adam Fields wrote at 2003-7-1 18:18 -0400:
 > I have a number of transitions set up. Some of them change the
 > review_history variable (which is set to only update when a state or
 > transition specifies a new value), as follows:
 >
 > review_history = state_change/getHistory
 >
 > Most of the time this seems to work fine, but when I "Publish", I get
 > seven entries in the history for that action.
 >
 > Since the workflow is massively more complicated than I can express
 > here, I guess my questions are:
 >
 > 1) where are the workflow variables updated?

I expect you are using "DCWorkflow".

In this case, the variables are updated in
"DCWorkflow.DCWorkflowDefinition._executeTransition"
in the block starting with "# Update variables".

 > 2) has anyone seen anything like this?

I did not.

 > Also, a related problem I'm seeing is that some objects with this
 > workflow don't have workflow variables. It's possible that the objects
 > were created without a workflow which was then applied - when are the
 > workflow variables created?

I think variables stored in the status are also instantiated in
"_executeTransition". Usually, this is called during object
creation for the first time (to enter the initial state).

Dieter