[Zope-CMF] Plone seems cool but if I can't migrate my CMF dat a...

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:56:34 -0700

The folders are the tricky part.  Try the migration.py script in
CMFPlone/Extensions.  Follow the instructions from Sigve Tjora contained
within the file.  Let me know if you have any questions - I just did this a
few weeks ago.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelley, Sean [mailto:SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 9:36 AM
To: 'zope-cmf@zope.org'
Cc: 'plone-users@lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Zope-CMF] Plone seems cool but if I can't migrate my CMF
data...

I am about ready to give up on plone-  migrating from an existing CMF 1.3
site in production to plone that is.  If I have to manually recreate the
folders and copy and paste the contents into each from the old cmf folders
it is too much work and I cannot believe this is the only way!?  How does
one migrate the users over?  A simple copy and paste in the ZMI is not
sufficient.