[Zope-CMF] security and login problem

Kelley, Sean SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:29:28 -0700

I have this problem of getting a windows network login when a user accesses
a word document located in CMF when I was back on zope 2.5.1 with CMF 1.3  I
have upgraded to zope 2.6.1 and plone 1.0.3  and I am having this problem
again.  Was this issues resolved in zope 2.6.1 ?  or is this a plone/cmf
issue?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tres Seaver [mailto:tseaver@zope.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 6:32 AM
To: Casey Duncan
Cc: Chris Withers; Kelley, Sean; 'zope-cmf@zope.org'
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] security and login problem

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 09:42, Casey Duncan wrote:
> A collector issue should be files re this. I know several people here have

> expressed a desire to fix it. I just think it has slipped through the
cracks.
> At least it has some chance in the collector.

This is actually a result of introducing the crappy 'MS-Author-Via'
headers by default into Zope's WebDAV support;  this modification was
added in order to permit Word to edit Zope documents, but screws up lots
of other stuff.  We should make these headers optional, with a knob to
enable them.

> On Friday 06 September 2002 07:54 am, Chris Withers wrote:
> > Welcome to hell ;-)
> >
> > Kelley, Sean wrote:
> > > I am running CMF 1.3 and Zope 2.5.1 on a windows 2000K box.  I have
folder
> > > managers adding word documents and other files to this folder which
> > > anonymous users can view.  When an anonymous user tries to open a
file,
> they
> > > get a network login box popup.  If they click cancel, the file will
load.
> > > Why is this happening?  I try viewing the files as an anonymous user
and
> > > this does not happen.  Users are using IE browsers v 5 and 5.5.
> >
> > Try these threads:
> > http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-coders/2002-January/000619.html
> > http://mail.python.org/pipermail/zope/2002-January/106939.html
> >
> > This blows, and there have been lots of attempts to start a discussion
about
> > fix for it. I think Tres was one of the last people to raise issues
about
> this
> > suckiness, so he'll no doubt comment
> >
> > Sadly, nothing, to my knowledge, has ever been down about this suckage
:-(

> > cheers,
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > PS: I have a brutal patch against Zope 2.5 that solves this provided you

> never
> > want to use any M$ applications to _author_ content.

Tres.