[Zope-CMF] Worklists and local roles again

Rainer Thaden Rainer Thaden <thadi@gmx.de>
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:45:10 +0200

Hi,

i looked for some postings on worklists and local roles but didn't
fine one that solves my problem.

Let's say we have content organised in different folders, we have a
user with a manager role and one with a reviewer role defined in the
site root and a private-pending-published workflow.

For this case everything works fine. We just define a worklist for
pending items and set 'Review portal content' as necessary permission
in the guard. The permission is checked against the portal root as i
understand it, so the users with the role 'Reviewer' and 'Manager'
defined in the CMF site root will see the worklist.

But if i want to give a certain user a 'Manager' local role for one
folder so that he is able to publish and delete items in that folder
he does not see the pending items worklist, because he is a 'Member'
in the context of the portal root and does not have the 'Review portal
content' permission.

One easy solution would be to delete the 'Review portal content'
permission in the guard of the worklist so that the visibility of the
worklist is determined by the access rights of the user but then every
member would see the worklist because the pending items are visible to
all members and i don't want to change that.

If i want to define a special worklist for this case what do i need to
put in the guard permissions or roles?
Is it possible to check the permission against the folder or object?
The 'category' in the worklist determines only the location of the
worklist link in the actions box, right?

--
Regards,
 Rainer                          mailto:thadi@gmx.de