[Zope-CMF] Search results with portal_catalog - need a strategy

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 02:01:37 +0200

suresh_vv wrote at 2003-7-24 07:25 -0000:
 > --- In zopeCMF@yahoogroups.com, Peter McMillan <peterm@u...> wrote:
 > SearchableText() is a method implemented by CatalogAware objects
 > (like Document, Files etc.). It is typically a field index
 > concatenating title and subject.

The index is usually text index.

 > Do not delete the standard indexes or create new ones with the
 > standard names. You are asking for trouble.

Replacing an old "text index" with a new "ZCTextIndex" should
be okay.

At least older CMF setups defined too many indexes some of which
were redundant. Not needed indexes can be deleted.

I agree with you, however, that it is not obvious which indexes
are used by the framework (such as "effective", "expires",
"AllowedRolesAndUsers", "review_state") and therefore should
not be deleted.

Dieter