Re[2]: [Zope-CMF] Local Roles on folderish object

Rainer Thaden Rainer Thaden <thadi@gmx.de>
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:15:12 +0200

Hallo Tres,

TS> On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 05:08, Rainer Thaden wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in a class
>>
>> class Publication(DefaultDublinCoreImpl, SkinnedFolder, PortalContent):
>>
>> which acts folderish (i can dump other objects inside) i am not able to
>> set local roles via the CMF interface (it does not appear in the
>> actions box), but I can set the roles via ZMI.
>> In normal PortalFolders it works via CMF interface.
>> Do i need to set a flag or similar in my class?

TS> You need to add the "folder_localroles_form" action to your type
TS> information object (in 'portal_types').  Copy it from the action in the
TS> 'Folder' type.

Thanks. Found that. My first thought was, that the actions in the fti
are inherited, so that PortalContentFolder inherits from Folder etc.
But the fti are outside the class. So i have to add the action
Localroles manually.
I guess that when i add the localroles action in the fti in my code,
the type information in the portal_types tool is not refreshed
automatically. Do i have to delete and register the type again? What
happens to the already existing objects of that type then?
Questions, questions...
Maybe the best way is to do it manually.

--
Regards,
 Rainer                            mailto:thadi@gmx.de