Re[2]: [Zope-CMF] Local Roles on folderish object

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
05 Jun 2003 11:30:13 -0400

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 11:15, Rainer Thaden wrote:

> Thanks. Found that. My first thought was, that the actions in the fti
> are inherited, so that PortalContentFolder inherits from Folder etc.
> But the fti are outside the class. So i have to add the action
> Localroles manually.

Correct:  actions are not inherited between types, via an explicit
design decision to decouple them (as below).

> I guess that when i add the localroles action in the fti in my code,
> the type information in the portal_types tool is not refreshed
> automatically.

The FTI spec in your Python module us just a template for creating new
FTI instances;  they are not coupled back on purpose, to allow
site-local customizations.

> Do i have to delete and register the type again?

That would be easiest, probably, if you already updated the template
registered by your product.

> What happens to the already existing objects of that type then?

They will be broken for the brief interval between those two requests.

> Questions, questions...
> Maybe the best way is to do it manually.

That is certainly an option, especially if you have only the one site to
cope with.

Tres.