[Zope-CMF] RE: [Plone-users] Navigational folders not appearing

Andrew R. Halko ahalko@insivia.com
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:48:04 -0400

For your first issue...

If they are published then they should show, check out your
portal_properties/navtree_properties for the settings.  What are your
setttings?  If they are sub folders, they will only show once you click
into the main folder.

As for the second issue...

I think one of the others hinted at this, but I will try to expand.  You
can create a new Role for users and then in the security settings allow
them to view contents, but take away their permissions to add content
and any other abilities you want to take away.  The you give the users
that role whereever in your site and they chould see the "switch to
contents view" and "switch to items view".  Then when they go to
contents view the permissions wil not show them the add new item
choices.

Try that for a go, good luck.

Andrew

I am sorry to present essentially the same question.

These are the only two issues I need to resolve before I bring Plone to
upper management and tell them how great it is, and can demonstrate that
it handles our News Editor system, our posting problems (files,
documents, or cutting and pasting thanks to Epoz), contribution
problems, signing off... the whole nine yards for the Intranet (which
comes from the 9 yards of ammo that P-51 Fighters carried... if pilots
gave it "the whole nine yards" that meant they spent all their ammo).

1.  My problem is that several folders, even when Published, do not
appear for users other than Admin.  If Publishing doesn't work, what
should I do?

I found this snippit from Alex:
"Try using the non-tree version of the navtree, replace
navigation_tree_slot with navigation_slot in the left_slots property of
the root folder."

That does present a file & folder list in alphabetical order, but that
is not what I'm looking for.  For one thing, files and folders are mixed
together alphabetically, and for another, I don't want files listed in
the Navigation tree... just folders.

2.  My other issue is that I would like any user to be able to list the
contents of a folder even if an index page is present.

I am fairly certain, based on reading, that I can manipulate this
through settings in Plone and Zope... but I need more documentation.

I love Plone, and I would like to see Alachua County implement it as
our Intranet, and even our Internet a year down the road when I know
enough about Plone to keep it secure.
http://www.co.alachua.fl.us

Thanks guys.

David George Neelands
Alachua County Information & Telecommunication Services
dgn@co.alachua.fl.us, (352) 338-7300
http://www.co.alachua.fl.us
"The user owns the Back button."
-- Dr. Jakob Nielsen, http://www.useit.com/alertbox

OutBound Mail Scanned by Mcafee Web Appliance.