[Zope-CMF] actions tool and categories

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:18:30 -0500

I wrote:

>>> I'm confused by the Actions tool. While you can put actions into it
>>> with great variety, there's really only one way to get actions out,
>>> that being the listFilteredActions methods, which filter based on a
>>> hard-coded set of categories. Which makes the categories less useful
>>> than they could be.
>>

>> The actions tool doesn't filter based on categories.  It filters
>> based on permissions.  It lets any category through, although there
>> is a slight optimization for particular categories that are expected
>> to always be present.
>

> Not really. Unless the category exists, it is not bucketed properly. I
> had thought this was intentional (based on the comments in the
> interface), but on closer inspection, I see it's a bug.

I take it back. The code is perfect. After driving myself silly trying
to figure out why order would matter, I decided that it couldn't, and I
reverted the change, and everything still works fine. Whereas previously
with the exact same code it didn't. Beats me what the deal was, so,
basically, never mind.

          --jcc
    (no wonder i was confused)