[Zope-CMF] shortcutting new items

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:55:04 +0200

Reverend Matt wrote at 2003-6-19 20:30 -0000:
 > I've started working on a new feature for a site, and I'm wondering
 > what  is the best way to shortcut adding a new document (I want a form
 > on the main page that a user can simply enter title and content and
 > hit submit and it will create a document using the title as the id and
 > put the content into Description and publish all with the push of the
 > button).

I think Tres usually mentions "Scriptable Type Information" for
such purposes (but I may be wrong with this!). Search the archives...

I use a custom form (collecting all relevant data) and
a custom action (for this form).
The custom action is a Python Script that calls
"portal_types.constructInstance" and then edits the newly
created object to give it the other collected values.

Dieter