[Zope-CMF] CMF modifcation question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:47:27 +0200

Tennill, Dustin wrote at 2003-6-19 09:52 -0400:
 > We would like to use the Zope/CMF to host our student web pages. The
 > catch is we don't want to store the actual web content for each
 > student's page in Zope. We currently have our students pages hosted via
 > apache, and would like them to remain on the file system for easy
 > restorability.

You can also restore the ZODB data file...

 > I want to modify CMF so that when regular member is created, one of two
 > things could happen:
 > 1. The members folder is created, but the index_html just redirects
 > anyone browsing there to their real webpage.
 > OR
 > 2. When I click on the members folder, that is really just link to the
 > correct location for the students real webpage.

Why do you want Zope at all (when everything seems to be static)?

 > Is there a programming guide for Zope/CMF that would help me figure this
 > out?

You might look at APE. It allows you to maintain content in the
file system (or the ZODB or a relational database)...

 > I guess related to all this: I need to create about 20,000 member
 > accounts. Anyone have a script that would help me out with this?

Use a UserFolder that maintains users in a database.
The CMF allows you to create the member area automatically
when the member first logs in.

 > I didn't see a way to search this lists archives, or I would have looked
 > there first.

You can use Google to search the list archives ("site:lists.zope.org").

Dieter