[Zope-CMF] Search results with portal_catalog - need a strategy

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:04:20 +0200

Peter McMillan wrote at 2003-6-22 16:35 -0700:
 > I've made the suggested changes to the indexes and updated the catalog. I'm
 > still getting a set of results for _all_ documents.

When a catalog search returns all documents, this usually means
that the indexes have not been recognized. In this case,
the search has the effect of an empty search with returns all
documents.

When I remember right, the mentioned bug returned all documents
when a keyword index did not recognize any of the supplied
keywords. You must search the mailing list archives to verify
my memory ;-)

I (in your place) would use a debugger to find out why the catalog
returns apparently wrong results.

Dieter