[Zope-CMF] Search results with portal_catalog - need a strategy

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:21:39 +0200

Peter McMillan wrote at 2003-6-24 15:49 -0700:
 > On 6/23/03 10:04 AM, "Dieter Maurer" <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:
 > [snip]
 > >
 > > I (in your place) would use a debugger to find out why the catalog
 > > returns apparently wrong results.
 > I'll do the research in the list. I've just read 'the debugger is your
 > friend' article.
 >
 > I'm new enough to not understand how to write the appropriate test case. I
 > may need some additional help on that.

Sad. Using the debugger is sufficiently complex that it cannot be teached
in an email...

When you are able to reproduce your problem with a really small
setup (no more than a few kB!), you can export your catalog together
with the failing scripts/templates and send me the "zexp" for analysis.

Dieter