[Zope-CMF] ExtDocument as Portal Type?

Andreas Steinheuer steinheuer@sector.de
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:27:55 +0200

Hello,

I'm looking for a possibility to integrate ExtDocument into plone. The user
should be able to upload extern documents from the Plone Contents View like
other files. So I create a new Portal Type named ExtDocument with the method
"manage_addExtDocument" from ExtDocument.py as the Product factory method.
If I try to add a new ExtDocument I get an IOError.
I guess the reason for this is that the Plone-Form doesn't assign all
necessary values to the method. Therefore I want to change Extdocument.py.
There should be a method which calls the form of the Product
(addExtDocument.dtml). But how do I call this form from a method within the
product?

Another question: Is there any other way to use Extdocument in Plone?

thanks

Andreas