[Zope-CMF] Extra field on metadata form

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
01 Mar 2003 10:15:44 -0500

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 08:54, David Cain wrote:
> When I create a new object and are asked on the Standard Resource
> Metadata form to enter my metadata, there is a empty drop-down below the
> "Subject" text input box.
>
> What is it for?

The template is at:
Products/CMFDefault/skins/zpt_content/metadata_edit_form.  It defines
that cell as:

                                         here.subjectsList(), '\n' )">
     <textarea name="subject:lines" rows="3" cols="20"
	           tal:content="subj_lines"></textarea>
     <select name="subject:list" multiple>
       <option value=""
               tal:define="
                items python:
                      here.portal_metadata.listAllowedSubjects(
                                              here);
                subjects here/Subject;
               "
                tal:repeat="item items"
                tal:attributes="value item;
                                selected python: item in subjects"
                tal:content="item">
      </option>
    </select>

Note that both the textarea and the listbox have the name, 'subject'.
The listbox is populated from a query to the 'portal_metadata' tool
for the "allowed" values for Subject for the current object.

When customizing this skin, some people will remove the textarea,
to ensure that the Subject values all come from a controlled vocabulary.
Others might remove the listbox, because they don't need such
restrictions.  The template used to have comments to that effect;  they
got dropped during some cleanup effort, IIRC.

Tres.