[Zope-CMF] Re: I18n-skins: Why I did what I did :-)

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:48:07 +0100

Hi!

Gitte Wange (by way of Gitte Wange ) wrote:

>>>This was a bug in some old (Zope2.6.0alpha1?) zope version, it doesnt
>>>work like that for later stable versions.
>>
>>Hmmm weird - in my Zope-2.6.1.b2 setup it still looks weird if I use msgids
>>and they are not translated inside the messagecatalog ???
>

> Sorry !!!
> I checked the wrong instance (damned having so many Zopes running *S*)
> No - it lookes very very nice !
> Well then yes - we should fix the skins for CMFDefault.

Well, I'm still not sure what's the Right Thing to. In an other thread
Dieter pointed out this disadvantage of msgids:

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote at 2003-2-27 15:15 +0100:
>  > Then those that haven't changed their translations will just see the old
>  > message in their language, and updating the translation in the .po file
>  > is simply updating one string.
>
> This may have the disadvantage that you might miss changes that require
> retranslation (as the id did not change).

> How to do ??

Whatever we do:

I spent some hours merging your skins and doing related changes. I'll
not do this again. All additional changes should be against
yuppie-collector122-branch, as long as the branch isn't merged into HEAD.

BTW:

Feel free to test yuppie-collector122-branch, skins should be complete now.

Should we also add .po / .pot files to cvs? What would be the right
directory?

What kind of documentation is needed? Where should this go?

Cheers,

Yuppie