[Zope-CMF] second portal catalog, for published items only

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:46:38 +0100

Colin Leath wrote at 2003-3-4 13:59 -0500:
 > I'm about to add a second catalog to my CMF for the purpose of segregating
 > published items from all the rest--
 > allowing listUnique() to return the subset of data I desire.
 >
 > Is there a better way of achieving this?

If you want this for only a few indexes, I would create
"shadow" indexes for these. The corresponding method (probably
acquired) would return "" unless the object is published.
If it is published, it would return the original value.

Dieter