[Zope-CMF] transparent folder

David Hart dhart@atlantisblue.com.au
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 20:45:40 +1100

> when I use invokeFactory from within a python script, the new object
> is created in the parent folder:
>
> inline_content.invokeFactory(id=object_id, type_name='Document')
>
> Can anyone help shed any light on the problem?

However, this works:

    pt = getToolByName( inline_content, 'portal_types' )
    pt.constructContent(container=inline_content, id=object_id,
type_name='Document')

I'm aware that the CMF is not designed with
OrderedFolder/TransparentFolder in mind, but I think a bug may exist in
invokeFactory as the behaviour is inconsistent with that of other
Zope/CMF/Plone methods that interact just fine with
OrderedFolder/TransparentFolder.

I'd really like to use invokeFactory, as it will make my life easier for
content type checking, etc.

Help?

Dave Hart