[Zope-CMF] I18n-skins: Why I did what I did :-)

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:06:22 +0100

In article <200303031517.43826.gitte@mmmanager.org> you write:
> Arh - now I have found the place where the msgid-stuff looks very very odd :-(
>
> I have a submit button where I set the value to 'publishform_changeButton' and
> then i18n:attributes="value" ...
> The the button displays with the text 'publishform_changeButton' ... I know it
> should behave this way (Zope doesn't have Artificial Intelligence yet!) but
> is there any way to use a msgid on the button on still have a nice text shown
> when no translation stuff has been installed ???

(please wrap your lines at ~72 chars)

Yes, that's a problem in the way ZPT i18n has been designed for
attributes.

There have been some propositions to change the syntax of
i18n:attributes to work around that, for instance (IIRC):

  i18n:attributes="value themsgid; alt altmsgid"

See the ZPT list about that.

Florent