[Zope-CMF] Historical revisions in CMF

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:02:22 -0500

Just to play around I modified the Portal Content class to inherit also from
OFS.History, and as a result I can now call all revisions from any CMF
object, just as we're used to in the ZMI. (Just needed to create some few
extra methods and actions). Comparisons are performed by opening versions in
two frames, one to one.

Is there any reason (regarding the core code) why this practice shouldn't be
recommended? I'm aware that to call revisions could be expensive, but in my
experience to Undo a transaction is far more resource-consuming.

Ausum