[Zope-CMF] Re: Custom metadata editing

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:08:55 +0100

Hi Troy!

Troy Farrell wrote:
> I cannot seem to figure out how to edit the custom metadata elements
> that the portal_metadata tool allows me to create.  I've created an
> element that I cannot reach called 'ConferenceYear'.  I've tried
>
> item.editMetaData({'ConferenceYear':'2003'})
> item.manage_editProperties({'ConferenceYear':'2003'})
>
> Do you have any ideas before I start hacking CMF sources?

portal_metadata is just a registry. 'Add Metadata Element' adds elements
to the Metadata Tool, *not* to your content objects!

Search the list archives, there was some discussion about adding
functionality like you expected.

I don't use it, but maybe you also want to have a look at this:
http://www.gocept.com/opensource/projects/CMF_Metadata

HTH,

Yuppie