[Zope-CMF] Re: Proposal: Limiting the Content Types a user can create

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:13:51 +0000

Yuppie wrote:
> I just can't see any reason why there is an 'Add portal topics'
> permission but no 'Add portal document' or 'Add portal link'.

That's an omission that my proposal seeks to deal with in a slightly different
way that provides even more flexibility...

> If each content type would have its own add permission, we would not
> need 'Create content' at all.

Yes we would, because what if you have a "A Document" and a "B Document", both
based on the Document type but had to be addable by different sets of people?

cheers,

Chris