[Zope-CMF] Weird absolute_url() results

Fearless Froggie fearless_froggie@yahoo.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:09:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I created a custom folderish CMF product that I use to
create hierarchical folders in my CMF site. But when I
use absolute_url() to get the address of one of these
folders, I get odd results.

Instead of "www.my_domain.com/portal/my_folder", I get
"www.my_domain.com/portal/portal/my_folder". It is
adding extra "portal"'s to the url.

Does anybody have any ideas of why it would do this?
Or any ideas on how to fix it? As you get deeper into
the folder hierarchy, the number of added "portal"'s
in the url gets a little crazy :)

The only solution I've thought of is to actually
assemble the url of each folder by taking my current
folder id, and adding each subsequent parent folder id
as I go back up the hierarchy until I hit the portal
url. I imagine that would add some overhead, and would
be reinventing the wheel!

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Many Thanks, Rita.