[Zope-CMF] Building dynamic pages & the like

Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:25:38 -0800

If you can live with the idea that layouts are simply collections of slots
in page templates that have associated assets, you might want to look at
PageDesign in cvs.zope.org/Products... So a layout person using this sort of
paradigm might just pick an existing ZPT template, and click buttons in a
browser in an 'edit view' to add assets to fill the slots in the layout.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Withers [mailto:chrisw@nipltd.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 9:31 AM
To: Zope-CMF@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-CMF] Building dynamic pages & the like

Hi,

I'm curious as to how people are building semi-dynamic pages that content
authors want to configure the layout for.

Take for example:
http://www.ich.ucl.ac.uk/
..compared with:
http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/pressoffice

Both pages have collections of content on them but the presentation and
layout
are slightly different. In a 'normal' CMF-based site I'd do that in a ZPT,
but
what about sites like the above where there are a _lot_ of different ways
that
index pages are laid out.

The only thing I could think to do was to scatter index_html's in 'content
space' but this means someone needs to be ZPT-aware (and worse still, go
through
the ZMI) in order to layout the index page of their department.

What other was have people found to tackle these kinds of problems?

cheers,

Chris