[Zope-CMF] Creative commons metadata?

Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:57:15 -0800

I would suggest choosing to store license information as string based info
in the "rights" DCMES metadata field, which is a default part of the CMF,
and write skin methods to get and set this 'portion' of the rights field
(then, these methods could be used by all documents by virutue of being
simple skin methods).  The goal is to extend an existing metadata field in a
way that is both human-readable, and machine readable/writable, which
requires some structure and syntax.  More info (well, was a rant on the
current state of affairs) on how I would do this from a message I posted to
the plone-users list a few weeks back:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.user/2476

Sean
-----Original Message-----
From: Nagle, Robert [mailto:r-nagle@ti.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 8:46 AM
To: 'zope-cmf@zope.org'
Subject: [Zope-CMF] Creative commons metadata?

Hi, I'm running a publishing site and I need the ability for contributors to
choose the appropriate creative commons license (see
http://creativecommons.org/learn/technology/metadata/implement ).
It looks like the idea is to embed the chosen license into RDF metadata. Has
anyone implemented a solution like that before using zope/cmf? Any ideas how
to get started?
Robert Nagle