[Zope-CMF] CMF newbie questions

Terry Kerr terry@adroit.net
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:41:12 +1100

Hi,

I have two main problems that I need to solve...

1)   Members of my site will post articles about themselves. These articles will
be longstanding and will need to be occasionally updated by the member.  The
standard workflow provides the private, pending and published status and the
appropriate transitions for them which is fine.  However, the problem lies with
the default workflow that if a member wants to update an article, to edit it,
they first have to retract the publish status, then resubmit.  This means the
article is not viewable on the site until a reviewer publishes the article again.

I would like the 'old' version of the article to remain published until the new
one is reviewd and published.  I realise this is probably quite difficult to
achieve since it would mean that the article object (which I actually haven't
created yet but will most likely be a python product) will need some sort of
versioning.  Simply creating a custom workflow cannot accomodate my requirements
I don't think.  Has anybody else solved a problem similar to this with the CMF?

2)  The other problem related to the members personal articles is that not all
members will have internet access, and so there may be several delegates that
will post articles on their behalf.  If there comes a time later on when the
member gains internet access and wants to maintain his/her article, then the
member who initially created the article will need to delegate ownership to the
new member after they register themselves with the system.  I  Has anybody
solved a problem similar to this?  My line of thinking os to create a tool that
has an action of 'give ownership', which will be availabe to all members.  The
action will simply move the document to the new members folder, change the owner
of the object, and give the owner local role to the new members.   had a look at
the membershipTool code and it doesn't seem to hard. If nobody tells me
otherwise, this is the road I will go down....

terry

--
Terry Kerr (terry@adroit.net)
Adroit Internet Solutions (www.adroit.net)