[Zope-CMF] Historical revisions in CMF (was Re: CMF newbiequestions)

Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:37:29 +0000

On Thursday 27 March 2003 10:26 am, Chris Withers wrote:
> Ausum Studio wrote:
> > content object, at the time its status was changed, at least up to the
> > moment a Data.fs pack was performed. :)
>
> This is an important point.
>
> If people start relying on this feature, then they can no logner reliably
> pack their ZODB without worrying about pages vanishing into pending-dom...
>
> What can we do about this?

DirectoryStorage 1.1 has a new feature for classes to keep their history
longer than usual. It wasnt designed for the use you are proposing, but it
may be better than nothing.

Quoting from the changelog:

--
Toby Dickenson