[Zope-CMF] Proxy Roles for Filesystem objects

Peter Simmons pete@bcmpweb.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:39:45 +1200

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to give proxy roles to
filesystem objects. Specifically we need this to allow editing of some
vocabularies in the metadata but not others. The current permission for
editing vocabs is Manage Portal not only will the other vocabs be
editable but a bunch of other things if we give the user rights to
access this.

I know we could not use the portal metadata tool to stored this stuff or
customise the portal metadata tool and add some permissions or something
but it seems that giving a proxy on  a filesystem python script is a
good solution and is secure enough because the object isn't editable and
presumably a customised object wouldn't get the proxy role and at any
rate only trusted users would be able to do that.

Cheers,
Pete