[Zope-CMF] How to cache CMF filesystem images?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:13:34 -0800

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 09:05:10AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Andy McKay wrote:
> >
> >        # Don't cache the data itself, but provide an opportunity
> >        # for a cache manager to set response headers.
> >        self.ZCacheable_set(None)
>
> I wonder who wrote that code and what justification they can provide for
> it...

My understanding (perhaps wrong) was that images and files are stored in
RAM anyway once they're loaded from the ZODB,
so cacheing them with a RAM cache manager would just give you twice the
RAM useage with no performance benefit.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com