[Zope-CMF] How to do globbing searches on the id index w/ ZCa talog

Braun Brelin bbrelin@openapp.biz
06 May 2003 20:38:17 +0100

Hmmm...Changing the id index to be a text index rather than a 'field'
index, doesn't seem to have made a difference.  My little test script,
which looks like this:

searchid='Controlled_Document.2003-05-06.2805.*'
foo = context.portal_catalog(id=searchid)
print foo
return printed

returns an empty list.  Adding a full literal ID does return a brain
instance, so I know that the portal_catalog seems to work.

Anyone with more experience in ZCatalog's able to help me out here?  I
have a hard time believing that I'm the first person who's ever wanted
to do a globbing search with object id's.

Thanks,
Braun Brelin