[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.4 release blockers (was: Re: [dev] some CMF 1.4beta1 issues)

Mon, 12 May 2003 10:48:34 -0700

IIRC, at the moment, it is impossible to do this in an access rule, g=
iven
its pre-traversal nature?  Is this correct?

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2002-September/015578.html

Sean

-----Original Message-----
=46rom: seb bacon [mailto:seb@jamkit.com]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 10:09 AM
To: Chris Withers
Cc: Tres Seaver; zope-cmf@zope.org; Yuppie; Gr=E9goire Weber; Alex Li=
mi;
Andy McKay
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] CMF 1.4 release blockers (was: Re: [dev] some
CMF 1.4beta1 issues)

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 16:03, Chris Withers wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
> > [1] Alex Limi has Seb Bacon on the hook for a feature he calls
> >     "role-based skin switching", which Plone 1.1 needs. =20
>=20
> Where's this described?

nowhere...

> What code is being added? I do something which sounds similar to th=
is and
I=20
> haven't had to change CMF source, so I'm kinda interested ;-)

It's something I promised Alex I'd do, but haven't had time yet.  It'=
the ability to give different default skins depending on role, as a
site-wide policy.  (e.g. "managers" get the "manager" skin, etc)  It
would take the form of a tab on the skins tool, probably, offering th=
ability to map roles to skins.  It could even be generalised to an
expression / guard instead of a role but I suspect YAGNI.

I foresee no compatibility problems as undefined mappings would fall
back to the current 'default skin' value.

At any rate there's no way I have time to do it this week, so it's
unlikely to make it to 1.4.

seb