[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: using APE to offload a portion of an intranet from the ZODB

Larry Prikockis Larry Prikockis" <larry_prikockis@natureserve.org
Mon, 12 May 2003 16:58:39 -0400

"Christian Scholz" <cs@comlounge.net> wrote in message
> > Here's the next question though... The /docs folder that gets mounted,
> > despite my best efforts at modifying the config file, seems to get
created
> > as a OFS.Folder type, rather than a CMFCore.PortalFolder type as I'd
like. I
> > tried following the example of using:
> > container_class=Products.CMFCore.PortalFolder.PortalFolder, but I still
seem
> > to be getting a Folder instead of a Portal Folder.
>
> Is it mounted already? I think it's only used on the first mount. Maybe
mount
> it again and look if it's working. I think I tried this once and it worked
for
> me.

D'OH!!!  actually... there's nothing at all wrong with what I did above...
EXCEPT that I'm using Plone... and what I wanted was
Products.CMFPlone.PloneFolder.PloneFolder  !!!

Not too surprisingly, once I figured out which class I really wanted to use,
it Just Worked.   Amazing.

> My question would actually be if it's used in production somewhere and if
it's
> stable enough.

well, I definitely plan to knock this version around a bit and see how it
holds up.    For a supposedly "alpha" release, it's pretty darn usable.