[Zope-CMF] using APE to offload a portion of an intranet from the ZODB

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 14:15:21 -0400

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 03:09:40PM -0400, Larry Prikockis wrote:
> Here's the deal:     I've gotten the green light to start developing an
> intranet for our organization using Zope/CMF/Plone (yeah!). One remaining
> concern my manager has is that various documents (typically MS Office)
> stored on the intranet are not locked into some python/zope-specific world.
> Simply having WebDAV access to them isn't quite enough to allay his fears-
> and in any case, I don't want people loading 30MB PowerPoints into the ZODB
> anyway.
>
> So.... I'm very excited about the possibility of storing a portion of the
> intranet (e.g., a folder called 'docs') on the filesystem, while the rest of
> the system lives normally in the ZODB.

Have you looked at LocalFS?
it's designed for exactly this kind of thing.

however, i haven't tried to integrate it with CMF, don't know if it does that.

For individual files, there is also the CMFExtFile thing.

--

Paul Winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com