[Zope-CMF] Store development with CMF (new guy)

Eric CESTARI eric@ohmforce.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 09:01:21 +0200

Hi all,

I've been a lurker here for some time, and now it's time to step up ...
First thanks to you guys for making such a nice platform to develop on !

I plan to completely rewrite my company's website (currently PHP) in a
CMFPlone solution.
The pros are completely obvious, yet I have a few questions so that I
can do it the Right Way(tm).

We have a 30,000+ user Postgres database. I feel it is not a sensible
solution to store this in the ZODB, and I'd rather keep it in Postgres
and use exUserFolder and ZPopyDA.
Am I right, or can I get rid of this complexity ?

Those user would be members not allowed to add any content except in
the forums, and fetch our products updates (based on the products they
bought), demos and free stuff.

I also plan to use CMFCommerce as my store backbone. Our CC processor
gave us a couple of Java classes to connect to their servers, I will
certainly use JavaPythonExtension to connect to it. Are there any
pitfalls on this path ? (I had so many problems with PHP/Java, we ended
up having PHP including URL from a Tomcat server).

Anyway I'm glad to take on development on CMF, though the walk looks
steep on the first miles :)

Cheers,
	Eric

PS : Hey Marc, are there any plans to add CMF hooks in Plugzilla ? Nice
to meet you here :)

Eric Cestari
Audio Plugins
Ohm Force