[Zope-CMF] Re: non string arguments to python scripts

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman@pgs.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 15:30:48 +0200

Lucas Hofman wrote:
> The script below is called from a form. pictureFile is of type file.
> However, after passing the parameter to another python script
> (insert_picture) it has become a string (I concluded this because
> same_type(pictureFile, '') returns true. The value is the filename of
> the file object..

> I feel that I am overlooking something...

I very much was. The calling form was missing the
enctype="multipart/form-data" attribute in the form tag.

Hope nobody spend time on this. Sorry

--
Hilsen/Regards,

Lucas Hofman
PGS Research                                    work: +47 67514059
PO Box 354                                       fax: +47 67526640
N-1326 Lysaker, Norway                        mobile: +47 91601305
lucas.hofman@pgs.com                            http://www.pgs.com