[Zope-CMF] Store development with CMF (new guy)

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
30 May 2003 11:30:12 -0400

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 17:38, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> No, it never was.  But now that I look at RegistrationTool, I see that
> someone removed the method for setting member properties!  Yet it was
> left in the interface.  I'm sure someone meant well, but this is not
> what was intended.  The loss of that method means you really do have to
> access the memberdata tool directly. :-(

The registration tool won't be present either, on sites which do not
allow through-the-web registration.  If we consider the memberdata tool
to be a private detail of the membership tool, then we must extend the
contract of the membership tool (*not* the registration tool) to allow
setting properties (getting them is already done by the member object
fetched via 'wrapUser').

> Oh well.  This isn't a severe problem, but it does make CMF harder to
> customize.  I'm sorry I failed to express the intent adequately.

My bad, too, probably.  The registration tool originally had two almost
unrelated responsibilities.

Tres.