[Zope-CMF] skinstools: lookup problem for components containing subpaths

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Nov 5 16:23:28 EST 2003

Andreas Jung wrote at 2003-11-1 12:12 +0100:
 > inside portal_skins I have two filesysemdirectory views 'plonecollectorng'
 > and 'archetypes'. Both views have a subdirectory 'widgets'. The
 > 'plonecollectorng'
 > view  is configured  to be searched before the 'archetypes' view.
 > When using a path expression here/widgets/foobar/macros/somemacro then
 > 'foobar' is only found when 'foobar.pt' is found under widgets/foobar.pt
 > in the plonecollectorng view but it gives a KeyError when it is available
 > in the 'archetypes ' view. This lookup behaviour seems to be different from
 > the
 > standard lookup behaviour where a file is searched throughout all possible
 > layers.

This is as it always works:

  Acquisition provides for only one level of "backtracking" -- for
  the currently looked up name. Names which have been looked up
  successfully are not retried.

In your case:

  "widgets" has been successfully looked up in "plonecollectorng".
  After that "foobar" is lookup up in this "widgets" and its
  acquisition context. The content of "archetypes/widgets" does not
  belong to "plonecollectorng/widgets"' acquisition context.

--
Dieter