[Zope-CMF] Better Membership and MemberData tools

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Nov 7 12:12:33 EST 2003

[Please keep zope-cmf at zope.org in all Ccs]

Ok here's my plan for the week-end:

- modify MembershipTool and MemberDataTool so that for all their
  userfolder-related stuff they call a standardized API on the
  userfolder. This includes:
  - creating a user and all its properties in one step
  - testing if a member exists
  - getting and setting properties from/to a user object

  The goal here is to be able to get rid of something like CMFLDAP
  but have CMF's tools always call standard APIs on the user folder

  I'll implement this as monkey-patches first as I need it in CPS
  yesterday :-) but I'll do it so that it's suitable for inclusion in
  CMF.

- add the search API I need while I'm at it,

- implement the additional APIs on the user folders I have at hand
  that need it: NuxUserGroups' UserFolderWithGroups, and
  LDAPUserGroupsFolder (which is a patch of LDAPUserFolder that adds
  groups support compatible with NuxUserGroups).

- sleep :)

Cheers,

Florent

+33 1 40 33 79 87  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:fg at nuxeo.com