[Zope-CMF] Subdomain in folder in CMF site

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Mon Nov 10 06:12:09 EST 2003

Torsdag 06 november 2003 02:49   skrev Tres Seaver:
> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 03:21, Gitte Wange wrote:
> > I want to achieve to have another domain pointing at a folder in my CMF
> > site but still have access to the above CMF Site, the skins, tools etc.
> > And I'm pretty sure if I put a SiteRoot object in my folder, then the
> > folder will not have access to the above CMF Site etc. Right ?
> > So I was asking if anyone had tried it and how they solved it.
>
> I know for a fact that the approach works:  requests for the virtual
> domain can still acquire the tools from the "hidden" CMFSite.  In our
> case, rather than VHM, we use a pair of access rules, which decide
> whether to activate based on the presence of the 'Via:' header (set by
> Squid for the "retail" view).

[SNIP]

> Obviously, this will need tweaking if you aren't serving the virtual
> domain behind Squid ;).

I don't think I need access rules because I have Apache in front - setting up
the instance with VirtualHostMonster did the trick ;-) (Don't know why we
having been using that before - looks much easier to use than SiteRoot's)

Anyway - it rewrites urls for more than it needs.
In the subdomain page, I have a catalog search that lists some items located
elsewhere on the portal.
Usually the url to them is e.g. www.mydomain.com/item1 but now they have been
rewritten to folder.mydomain.com/item1

Anyway I can avoid that?
Because at a later stage I need to make a catalog search on the Identifier,
and then it finds nothing because the domain is wrong :-(

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

After 1.5 years of Python, I'm still discovering
richness (and still unable to understand what the
hell Jim Fulton is talking about).

    -- Gordon McMillan, 13 Mar 1998