[Zope-CMF] Optimizing catalog queries

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Tue Nov 11 01:08:45 EST 2003

tir, 2003-11-11 kl. 01:33 skrev Tres Seaver:
> On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 14:40, Chris McDonough wrote:
> > DateRangeIndexes and DateIndexes are broken for dates past Y2038 (see
> > http://www.dewtronics.com/y2038.html).  I think CMF's DublinCore
> > CEILING_DATE needs to change to one second before the Y2038 cutoff.  You
> > could try this in your own copy, leaving the date/daterange indexes the
> > way they are...
>
> Actually, it would be better to change the CMF's DublinCore to return
> None instead of the bogus ceiling / floor dates;  the DRIs will then do
> the "Right Thing" about half-open intervals.
>
> If you get this done, I would accept it as a patch, even for the 1.3
> line (assuming that we ever have to release another 1.3.x).

Making the patch won't be difficult ...
My problem is that I have objects that already have saved their metadata
with such a large date :-(
Maybe the patch should include an update method, that would loop through
the entire content of the site and set the date to year 2037 if year is
to high ?
I will make such a script for my own site at least ...

Greetings,
Gitte Wange