[Zope-CMF] Disabling the Folder Contents Action

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Thu Oct 2 21:31:41 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 18:04, Calvin Hendryx-Parker wrote:

> I am creating a product that subclasses SkinnedFolder and DublinCore
> like class to create a folder that can describe a thing and contain
> images of this thing.  In the edit page for the form I will handle all
> of the adding of the images and links to edit etc... How do you disable
> the "Folder Content" action on a folderish content object?  Or should I
> not be using a portal type folder as a base class and use another
> approach?

Your product can register the "standard" type actions when registering
the content type (via the 'factory_type_information' argument).  You
could simply delete the description of the 'folder_contents' action from
your type information, and most users would never know that it was
possible.  Clever site admins would still be able to force one in for
their site by adding the action manually via the types tool;  you won't
be able to prevent that, although you could probably hijack the name by
defining a method on your class.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com