[Zope-CMF] Re: Understanding the login mechanism

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Thu Oct 9 07:28:32 EDT 2003

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:07:43 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:

> Gitte Wange wrote:
>
>> The biggest problem I have at the moment is to get user information
>> from the remote site (the browser won't send cookies or HTTP
>> authentication headers - thanks Lennart for that info).
>
> Well, what DOES it send then?!

I have 2 sites - mainsite.com and remotesite.com. User gitte logs into
remotesite.com
Then the user goes to mainsite.com
Now mainsite.com asks remotesite.com if user gitte is logged in (by using
XMLRPC)
My problem is to get that information. When visiting remotesite.com by
XMLRPC, I don't have access to any of the __ac cookies that was set when
user gitte logged in at remotesite.com (of course - it's not user gitte
visiting remotesite.com when I use XMLRPC).
So any ideas on how to achieve the login information would be very
appreciated :-))

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Never write a workflow system in DTML

    -- Chris Petrelli: Zope tutorial at IPC8,
       We tried this once, and boy was he was right