[Zope-CMF] Using sessions in CMF

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Thu Oct 9 10:24:42 EDT 2003

Hello,

Thanks to all the creative ideas I got in the thread 'Understanding the
login mechanism' - no I haven't found a solution yet :-(

But in my search for a solution I have comed to the idea of trying to use
sessions. It seems like a good idea :-)

Some years ago I mingled around with PHP and I created a login method that
used sessions - is it possible to do the same thing in CMF (Zope)?
If so - how ?
I guess you have to make some extensions to CookieCrumbler and the
cookie-based login - this is easily done with the PluggableUserFolder.

Where do I start digging around to implement session stuff?
I have looked at the "Sessions" chapter in the Zope Book and I think I got
the hang on sessions.
But what info do I need to store in the session object in order to make
sure people are properly logged in ?

Hope there's someone out there with some hints :)

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Zope.org has finally hit the 2gb barrier. I have taken
it down for the moment, whilst I work out what to do.

    -- Ethan Mindlace, 24 Aug 2000