[Zope-CMF] reindexObject changes modification time!

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Oct 13 11:33:53 EDT 2003

In article <blto05+pfgp at eGroups.com> you write:
> 1. Why does reindexObject change its modification time?

In the olden days, modification time was using
bobobase_modification_time, which sucked for many reasons. So it was
decided to add an explicit modification_date. But then, we had to find a
mechanism to have it updated when people changed objects and be
reasonably backward compatible. The best place I found was to do it in
reindexObject() (only if called with no args).

I'd be curious to know what use case you have to want to reindex an
object (all of it, not just a few indexes) but not change its
modification date.

> 2. How can I update the catalog for an object without changing the
> modificattion time of the object?

portal_catalog.reindexObject(ob).

> 3. How can I change the modification time of an object to any desired
> time?

ob.setModificationDate(date)

Florent

+33 1 40 33 79 87  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:fg at nuxeo.com