[Zope-CMF] not allowed to...

Antony Higgs ahiggs at brookes.ac.uk
Thu Oct 16 05:09:04 EDT 2003

Hi

For some reason a few of our custom portal types are coming back with
errors when we try to create new content or edit current content.

We keep getting....

"You are not allowed to access edit in this context"

or

"You are not allowed to access method addDocument in this context"

....now, we haven't changed any of the scripts or anything - it has just
started happening - and there doesn't seem to be a common link between
the ones which are producing the errors.

We thought it might have something to do with upgrading to CMF 1.4.1 as
it seems the broken ones where created before, but we have created more
portal types since the upgrade in exactly the same way and they work
fine!

Can anyone suggest anything we should be looking at to try and find out
what is going on?

thanks

Antony