[Zope-CMF] Re: [Plone-developers] Better MemberData search for CMF

Andy McKay andy at clearwind.ca
Thu Oct 30 22:07:14 EST 2003

Sounds good to me from the brief overview.

 From the Plone point of view we'd really like to move to CMFMember in
Plone soon, it makes members archetypes objects so they can be:

a) workflowed to handle proper registration and deletion and
b) stores the user properties on user objects so they can be searched
via portal catalog

So yes anything that improves portal_metadata searching is good, but I'm
not sure if we'd use it too much. Caveat: I haven't actually used
CMFMember so not an authoritative source on all the issues.
--
   Andy McKay
   ClearWind Consulting