[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] delete members: small proposal

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Fri Sep 5 17:19:01 EDT 2003

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback.

Chris Withers wrote:
> When you do this, how will you handle ownership issues for the various
> objects owned by the user you're about to delete?

I hope someday someone will fix <http://collector.zope.org/CMF/25>, that
would make ownership of content items less important.

I can't see a general solution for the ownership issues, so I was going
to ignore that inside the deleteMember method. If you need to fix the
ownership of some objects, you have to do it separately.

> How will you handle the situation when the user object you need to
> delete comes from:
>
> - an acl_users not within the portal

I see 2 cases:

1.) There is no acl_users within the portal:
If the User Manager has no permission to delete the member, deleteMember
will do nothing and return 0.

2.) There is a second acl_users outside the portal:
This is not well supported in CMF. DeleteMember will do nothing if the
member is not in the first acl_users and return 0.

> - another type of user folder, such as LDAPUserFolder

CMFLDAP has to handle that. CMFCore just works with normal acl_users.

Other ideas are welcome.

Cheers,
	Yuppie