[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] delete members: related changes and updated proposal

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Mon Sep 8 17:23:39 EDT 2003

Hi!

seb bacon wrote:
> My point is that nothing to do with the member folder concept belongs in
> CMFCore - I realise it is there already, but I think that is a mistake.
>  It's doesn't feel like a universal site feature.  To me, it's
> equivalent to having a RecipeBook module in CMFCore, or a
> PopupWindowGenerator, or something like that :-)
>
> But then, maybe that's just me.  Personally, I've never used
> Memberfolders in 3 years of making all kinds of websites using the
> CMF... but maybe I'm an exception.

Ok. Now I see your point. Of course there are many sites that don't need
a members folder including member folders.

> If I were doing it, I would propose to move everything to do with member
> folders into CMFDefault.

I don't think it's worth the effort:

- 95% of the CMF users (inluding Plone and CPS) use CMFDefault. They'll
not recognize any difference.

- Having Zope 3 in mind, I guess it's too late to start a refactoring
like that.

I'd like to hear what others think. But if you are the only one who
wants member folders moved out of CMFCore, I'd like to stick to my
proposal. Hope you can live with that.

Cheers,
	Yuppie