[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] delete members: related changes and updated proposal

seb bacon seb at jamkit.com
Wed Sep 10 11:07:24 EDT 2003

Yuppie wrote:
> seb bacon wrote:
>> Whatever happens, I don't think there's cause for putting off
>> refactorings or the like.  The End is Not Nigh :-)

> ... we'll have an
> 1.5 release at the end of this year and maybe an 1.6 release in
> summer/autumn 2004. After that there will be only maintenance releases
> or releases focused on migration.

But!

(a) your timescale could be wrong; (b) there could easily be a
long-lived CMF1x/Zope2x fork; (c) parts of the CMF API could be lifted
intact to Zope3, independently of backward compatibility issues.

I suppose my point is that no-one knows if / when / what is going to
happen, which leads me to conclude that we may as well continue as if
*nothing* is going to happen.  The worst thing that could happen is that
some changes could turn out to have been a minor waste of time.

(BTW, I'm not at all bothered about the memberfolder issue, I'm just
enjoying the discussion... it's an interesting issue to ponder...)

seb